Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager
Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager
The Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager will be responsible for assisting with the implementation and execution of programs policies, and processes supporting the Bank’s Office of Minority and Women Inclusion (OMWI), including but not limited to the Bank’s supplier diversity program, and assisting in the creation and implementation of appropriate measurement tools. The role will report to the Director of the Office of Minority and Women Inclusion and serve as the supplier diversity representative on the Bank’s OMWI Committee.
As an intermediary between global capital markets and local lenders, FHLBank Pittsburgh provides readily available liquidity, as well as affordable housing and community development opportunities, to member financial institutions in Delaware, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The billions we lend to members every day are powered by a small tight-knit workforce focused on the Bank’s mission to enhance our members’ business and vitalize communities.
Primary Success Factors
- Manages the Bank’s supplier diversity program, which includes assessing opportunities to diversify spend; implementing best practices in supplier diversity; identifying and researching qualified diverse suppliers; introducing diverse suppliers to the Bank; ensuring compliance with Bank’s OMWI and supplier diversity policies and procedures, including procedures for considering diverse suppliers; identifying opportunities for process enhancements; representing the Bank in regional supplier diversity councils; and tracking outreach activity.
- Manages the diverse supplier database and associated administration processes, including qualifying vendors and business unit awareness of vendors, and works collaboratively with Bank’s Vendor Management Office to ensure integrity of workflows to other related systems such as ProcessUnity and JD Edwards.
- Partners with functional subject matter experts across the Bank to ensure adequate representation at supplier diversity outreach events and increase the Bank’s visibility throughout our district.
- Represents the OMWI in Bank-wide and System-wide working groups focused on supplier diversity.
- Works collaboratively with Bank’s Vendor Management Office, provides recommendations for aligning Vendor Management Office policies with applicable OMWI policies and guidance, and develops processes to support the Bank’s supplier diversity program.
- Assists with creating and conducting training and awareness activities to educate all Bank employees about the Bank’s OMWI and supplier diversity policies and procedures.
Program Evaluation and Reporting
- Prepares correspondence and reports for management, applicable committees or working groups, and FHFA in accordance with regulatory guidance.
- Translates data results into written reports, tables, graphs and charts to convey information to management and FHFA.
- Creates and maintains metrics and performs quantitative, statistical and comparative analysis to evaluate implementation and effectiveness of activities supporting the Bank’s Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan and facilitate risk management and monitoring.
- Conducts research and analysis to provide insight on the Bank’s performance trends and benchmarks the Bank’s performance using publicly available industry and System data.
General OMWI Support
- Assists in collaborating with functional subject matter experts across the Bank to improve overall strategic and operational performance.
- Assists in the annual review and refinement of current policies and procedures that support the OMWI and diversity and inclusion.
- Works collaboratively with Bank’s Marketing and Communications group to prepare diversity-related communications.
- Tracks, monitors and maintains all expenses related to the Bank’s OMWI budget.
- As needed, supports outreach activities in the areas of Human Resources, Community Investment, Capital Markets and Board Diversity.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Advanced degree in public policy, economics, business or statistics preferred
5-7 years of related experience in a regulated environment
Supplier diversity outreach and program management, procurement, vendor management and/or government contracting experience
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with the ability to establish and maintain relationships with diverse partners internally and externally
Strong written and oral communication, presentation, analytical and project management skills
Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively at all levels of the Bank
Demonstrated creative/innovative approach to program development and problem solving
Demonstrated research, analysis and data-collection skills
High level of attention to detail and accuracy; curiosity about data and findings
Advanced mastery of MS Office, including Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
It is the policy of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability status, genetic information, veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or status as a parent as defined by applicable law. It is the Bank's policy to comply with applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities, including reasonable accommodation for applicants and employees with disabilities.